Thursday, August 13, 2009

Capacity - sometime in junior high (at 11-13)

The tears will easily wash away
But the pain always remains
Filling me up with emptiness
Everywhere it goes, it stains

Bleeding from the inside out
Hollow and incomplete
Conspicuous and abstract
If only it were discreet

They say the sun will always shine
The moon will always glow
But perhaps for a Time
In search of nothing they will go

I was obsessed with the sun and moon around this age. I wallpapered my room in sun and moon patterns, bought journals with the sun and moon on the covers, and wrote about it a lot. I'm trying to figure out what that was all about. I'm thinking something about a mother and father to me or some consistency in my life that they provided... I don't know. I'm still sitting on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment