Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Untitled 11/6/09

Someone broke the door down
and then something rolled in
a ball
or a bomb
a balloon
they'll all pop one day

i'm taking off the layer of clothes
i used to wear for you
undoing the knots and bows
that used to so please you

and the flush on my face
has faded to white
i'm sure you wouldn't know
that my sparkling eyes
have turned quite flat
as has my unearthly glow

i'm a mere shadow of
the woman i was
shivering in the cold
my body is boney
my throat is sore
and let's face it - i'm getting old

i see pain wherever i go
like some some sort of heat censored light
people disagree
when i say what i've seen
but deep down i know that i'm right

it's not the same world
i saw with you
the one i see clearly now
it's dark and broken
with dreams all askew
and bitterly run to the ground

the dust of the hope
i once had for you
settles now on the shelf
and a damp musty scent
of cigarettes and booze
from the days when you haunted
yourself

no it's not the same world
i woke up in
that night when i slept in my bed
and you slept across town
in yours
wondering what it was you had said

No comments:

Post a Comment